Rainy Day Blues

A few months ago, I made warm fleecy coats for Keli and Penny. One of the other patterns in the pack was for a hoodie/raincoat, and I've been thinking about making coordinating raincoats for the two Westies. Neither one of them likes to go "out" in the rain, and trying to dry off two wet doggies at the same time is an adventure, to say the least. I thought that if I could just put a couple of hoodies on them, it might make us all a little happier when it's time to go "out".

So, I may have mentioned to a few people last month that I was looking for cast-off raincoats, preferable little girls' pink or purple coats that I could recycle into dog coats.

Elora's mom, Laurie found this cute little coat for $1 and couldn't resist sending it to us for Penny:

Rainy Day Blues

Thanks Aunt Laurie! This could only be worn by Penny, since it's the largest they had and it's a Medium. Imagine how small the XS would be! The only problem with this coat is that there is no hole for the leash to attach to her collar through the hood, so it keeps popping off her head.

Rainy Day Blues

About a week later, Rich's mom sent us an old Jets rain poncho that she thought I might be able to use to make raincoats for the Westies. I guess I could cut it up, but it's likely from the 70's -- I doubt it's worth much money, but it's still kind of a collectible, don't you think? It's in excellent condition, too. So, Rich wanted to keep that for himself . . . he can wear it to the Mets games this summer if it rains.

Funny, neither Laurie nor Rich's mom remembered I was looking for pink or purple . . .

Oh well, I'll probably break down and order some sort of water-resistant fabric one of these days . . . but from the look on Penny's face when she tried on the blue raincoat, I don't think I really need to hurry. She'd probably just prefer to stay wet. And Keli had no interest in the raincoat whatsoever . . .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Westie in the Pool!

Christmas Stylin'

Hello, Westie Valentine Cupcakes!